Mark Orchard has practised in family law for almost three decades. He has specialist expertise in relationship agreements and resolution of complex property and financial disputes arising from relationship breakdowns.
Mark’s approach is to provide clients with practical and strategic advice to assist in the early resolution of matters. He has the unique ability to advise not only on family law matters which may ultimately proceed to litigation, but perhaps even more importantly, to assist clients in the resolution of matters without the delay, cost and hardship associated with litigation.
He was a foundation member and long standing Chairperson of the Toowoomba Community Legal Service. In 1999 he received the Queensland Law Society sponsored Award for Outstanding Voluntary Community Service in the Law. Mark also volunteers monthly at the Roma Community Legal Service.
Qualifications, memberships and recognition
- Bachelor of Laws – University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Arts (English Major) – University of Queensland
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland and High Court of Australia
- Long standing member of the Family Law Practitioners Association
- Complex property settlement, including overseas assets and entities
- Third party property or asset dispute resolution
- Pre-nuptial and relationship agreements
- Advice for grandparents, relatives or friends about children subject to family law proceedings
- Separation agreements
- Maintenance and child support
- Surrogacy agreements