Chairman & Partner
Glen McCracken has more than 30 years’ experience in commercial law. b His expertise lies in the banking and finance, agribusiness, business operations and succession.
He advises in property and finance transactions, working closely with property developers, rural lenders, merchants and primary producers, assisting with acquisitions, real estate sales and leasing, financing, structuring and succession issues.
Whether acting for individuals or business, major or small, he seeks to find a realistic, pragmatic and cost effective solution.
Glen is actively involved in numerous community organisations. He is presently the Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Toowoomba Grammar School. He has served as Chairman of The Grammar Schools Association of Queensland Inc. He is also involved with a number of charities assisting with education with nursing and other health sciences and also acts as honorary solicitor for various sporting and cultural clubs.
Qualifications, memberships and recognition
- Admitted as a Solicitor in Queensland and in New South Wales
- Member Queensland Law Society
- Fellow of the Tax Institute of Australia
- Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Glen has experience across a wide range of commercial and personal legal issues. In various roles, he has advised a major building society (and now bank) on its corporate, prudential, lending, financing and leasing issues for some 30 years.
- Throughout that time, he has also advised in areas such as real estate transactions and its development, strata titling and leasing, company incorporation and structuring, trusts as well as lending and mortgages. Over his career, Glen has widely advised in the areas of personal and business succession, preparation of Wills, estate administration and litigation.