Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury Law
Catherine Cheek is dedicated to assisting people through some of the most difficult times of their lives by providing understanding and empathetic legal representation.
Her goal is to make her clients feel supported throughout litigation, to stand up for those who have suffered and to achieve the best outcome possible.
She takes great pride in achieving fair outcomes for her clients, and is passionate about ensuring that all individuals have access to justice and good quality legal representation.
Since being admitted in 1991, Catherine has actively campaigned for the individual rights and been involved in a number of significant and difficult cases.
She is also a strong supporter of her local community and is actively involved in the Toowoomba community through her volunteer work at the Homeless Persons’ Legal Clinic in Toowoomba and as a committee member and President (current) of the Downs and South Western Queensland Law Association.
Catherine has been the State and National Chair for the Professional Negligence (2000/2001 and 2003/2004) and Elder Law Special Interest Groups (since 2007) of the Australian Lawyers Alliance (ALA). She was the Queensland secretary of the Queensland branch of the ALA for five years. Through these committees she has prepared submissions on WorkCover to the Queensland Parliament and Elder Rights to the United Nations and Federal and State Governments.
Please contact Catherine if you require assistance in gaining compensation, estate litigation, total and permanent disability claims or elder rights.
Qualifications, memberships and recognition
- Accredited Specialist Personal Injury Law since 1998 – Queensland Law Society
- Bachelor of Law – University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Arts – University of Queensland
- Downs and South West Queensland Law Association – Vice President 2013 – 2015
- Downs & South Western Queensland Law Association President – 2016 & 2017
- Immediate Past President – Downs and South Western Queensland Law Association 2018
- Committee Member Women Lawyers Association of Queensland Inc. 2018
- Secretary – Australian Lawyers Alliance, Queensland 2011 – 2016
- Committee member – Australian Lawyers Alliance 2002 – 2004; 2007 – current
- Queensland Chair of the Australian Lawyers Alliance Elder Law Special Interest Group – 2007 – current
- Member – Queensland Law Society
- Member of the Board of Study – School of Law and Business USQ – 2016 & 2017
- Queensland Regional Woman Lawyer of the Year 2017 – Women Lawyers Association of Queensland Inc.